Around the Village
St Oswald's Church occupies a central position in the village with fine views across to the Hambleton Hills. Ses their page for more information.
East Harlsey Village Hall lies on the north side of the main village street. Built in 1938 as a gift from the Constantine family, it plays a central role in village social activities, and can be hired by any members of the public. The Management Committee are always keen to hear from anyone wishing to join their team: email the Secretary.
Parish notice board - Outside the Village Hall. This displays Parish Council information and news of forthcoming local events. A Village Hall calendar of bookings can be viewed on the notice board inside the hall.
Map of village houses -- Outside the Village hall. Included on the map are all the village house names and relative locations. A map of the village properties can also be found here.
Post box -- Outside the village hall. Last collections are at 0900 (Mon-Fri) and 0900 (Sat). There is no collection on Sunday.
Primary School - the local school for East Harlsey village children is in Appleton Wiske. A free bus service transports the children to and from school. Some also go to Osmotherley Primary School.
Secondary schools - the main one for village children is Northallerton School and Sixth Form College in Stokesley Road, Northallerton. A bus service provides transport here.
There is another secondary school in Stokesley.
Public house -- The Cat & Bagpipes, located at the western end of the village. Look there for opening hours.
Neighbourhood Watch Scheme -- The Co-ordinator is Nick Lane on 01609 882705. The Community Police Team can be contacted at Northallerton Police Station – 01609 783131.
There is a Quaker Meeting House and a Roman Catholic Church in Osmotherley. The Methodist Chapel in Ingleby Arncliffe closed in 2015.